User: Zhimin Wang | User: Chinua Iloabachie | User: James Macklin | User: Maureen Kelly | User: David Lowery | User: Paul Morris | User: Bob Morris | User:
James: July 9-18 Maureeen 14-21 Bob: July 24-Aug 7 Zhimin: Aug 18-Aug24
- Bob - draft RDF Annotation ontology; BoF session on Annotations at IEvoBio. Greg R. took notes and will ask him for them. Main takehome message: easy to confuse Annotation transport and query issues with Annotation semantic issues. Also, evaluated FreeBase
- David working with Maureen to get eclipse working with SpecifyFP
- Maureen helped David
- James (worked on BRC all week, will have small FP component)
- Paul - ditto James; Code review with Zhimin and Chinhua. Followed an Annotation message through the network. Going forward redo that with an RDF representation of Annotation and Annotation Message. Zhimin: should we really use RDF for AnnotationMessage? Paul: Probably not since XML infrastructure is mature as to security, code generation, parsing, transformation, etc.
Chinua - Code review necessitated some JSF rewrites. Has deployed some Rich Faces; tables have more functionality than ordinary JSF. Rich Faces library might be better than Prime Faces used in SPNHC demo.
Zhimin- helped Chinua with *Face deployments; Code review; Looked at FreeBase.
RDF representation of Annotation schema
Talk with Graybeal about community mechanism organization
Greg Ricccardi will visit July 19-21
Bryan Heidorn foundation grant proposal
From last week
2. Approaching the second phase: start from scratch? Which pieces to keep? Hadoop is not really suitable for the distributed networking role, but is suitable for a analysis, especially large scale analysis. As a service to the network rather than a component of the network.
5. Who's in charge of UI design (layout)?
7. Video of demo screen captures.