User: Chinua Iloabachie | User: Paul J. Morris | User: James Macklin | User: Bob Morris | User: Zhimin Wang | User: BertramLudaescher | User: Lei Dou | User: Greg Riccardi | User:"User:" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki. | User:"User:" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki. | User:"User:" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
Core Team Meeting following All Hands Meeting.
Weekly Team Meeting - open conference, include connection details on for each meeting. Need to work out schedule for next month or so with James and Paul in Austrailia, probably evenings.
6 Month Developers Meeting - bring the coders together for 2 days.
Stakeholder meetings - perhaps in concert with TDWG or SPNHC (California Academy of Sciences, 2011 June).
Thing we should consider the most is timeline.
Assumption: We'll be up and running by the begining of 2011.
Metaframework: Identify interesections of the parts of the colaboration:
- Workflows as part of the analysis engine, where we need to figure out what queues the annotations are placed on. Loosely, Kepler as an embedded analysis engine.
- Kepler users are able to launch messages into a FP network.
Short term issues to resolve:
- What does it take for a client to exploit a filtered push network.
- What does it take for a system like Kepler to exploit a filtered push network.
- What are the use case for a system to exploit a Filtered Push network.
- What are the use cases by which a Filtered Push network exploits a system like Kepler.
- How does a filtered push network grow?
- How does a node join a filtered push network.
- What are the use cases for a node joining a filtered push network.
Short recipies for the find duplicates towards developing kepler workflows for finding duplicates.
Identify boundaries between client functions and network functions. Develop kepler workflow to find duplicates, examine embedding in network to identify boundaries. Deploy on several nodes.
Provide XML schema based on annotation ontology
Provide more examples of annotations in annotation ontology for comparison (BRIT, AO)
- ABCD (non ABCD, W. G. Berendsohn)
- Google implementation
- IPT, HIT
- Redmine/SVN instance
- Federated Authentication Service
- Authorization Token Service
- Member Nodes, replication services.
Identify Must-Have, Nice-To-Have
Deliverables: 1) Instance of FilteredPush network finding duplicates and fusing them in botanical collections. Must Have.
- Stakeholders, about 600 botanical collections, 2/3 with databases (various), 1/3 with spreadsheets.
- Use DwC for this.
- Query View: Collector Name, Collector/Field number, Year Collected
- Result View: Rich DwC.
- Web Client (Year1)
- Kepler Workflow (Year 1, start now).
- Client Library and API, develop from above.
- Specify6, (Year 2)
2) Annotate distributed collections data.
- Use case: Make Annotation
- Example: Morphbank image of specimen, distribution of new determination.
3) Quality Control occurance data for ecological analysis.
- Need use cases.
- Interaction with NCEAS, OBOE ontology instances.
- Elaborate use case of updating taxonomy in data set.
Annotation Ontology Use of FP Annotation Ontology and developing W3C AO Use of OBOE, annotation ontology as wrapper for OBOE annotations.
FP1 to FP2 Transistion? New FP2 code, new FP2 architectures. Reuse: Some web client code. Source/Repository Management: GoogleCode/SourceForge/NCEAS
Bob:We need a smart whiteboard
Discussion of Redmine+SVN, SourceForge, GoogleCode. Issue of scale of project, system administration, including user authentication and support. Put up redmine on UMBFP now, ask for hosting now?