2011Nov08

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2011Nov08


User: Paul J. Morris | User: Maureen Kelly | User: Bob Morris | User: BertramLudaescher | User: Lei Dou | User: James Macklin | User: James Hanken | User:
"User:" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
| User:
"User:" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
| User:
"User:" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
| User:
"User:" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.



Agenda

  • NSF Workshop RFP
  • Specify
    • Target thick client or not-yet-available web client?
    • Our version of Specify in SourceForge: abandon?
  • Authentication/Authorization
    • List of privileged actions, roles
    • Responsibilities: Client, FP Access Point API, Internal to FP Network.
    • Tech group needs to schedule a time to discuss implementation issues
  • FP2 in SourceForge
    • How to replace FP1 in the directory structure
    • Issue tracking: SourceForge MantisBT.
  • Implementation scheduling
    • Tech group needs to schedule a time to discuss implementation task breakdown

Reports

  • Lei
    • kept refining the ApplePie rules for annotation
    • started to write down rules for parsing and validating the annotations to test the idea of annotation parser and mapper

Notes

FilteredPush Team meeting 2011 Nov 8.

Present: Jim, James, Bob, Maureen, Paul, Bertram, Lei.

Agenda:

  • NSF Workshop RFP
  • Specify
    • Target thick client or not-yet-available web client?
    • Our version of Specify in SourceForge: abandon?
  • Authentication/Authorization
    • List of privileged actions, roles
    • Responsibilities: Client, FP Access Point API, Internal to FP Network.
    • Tech group needs to schedule a time to discuss implementation issues (authentication)
  • Implementation scheduling
    • Tech group needs to schedule a time to discuss implementation task breakdown
  • FP2 in SourceForge
    • How to replace FP1 in the directory structure
    • Issue tracking: SourceForge MantisBT.

Notes:


  • NSF Workshop RFP

Bob: Worth a read. Includes reproducability of scientific work. Data quality control and reproduciblity. Deadline Aug 9 2012, next year, might be rolling. Jim: By Aug 9 2012, on a rolling basis. Probably sending out before then.

Action Item: Bob to call program officer.

  • Specify
    • Target thick client or not-yet-available web client?

Thick client exists and is writtent into grant, but now has proposed end of life, but end of life date/schedule is not yet clear.

James: Concern is getting product out to the community.

Discussion. Separate mapper issues from find duplicates. Continue track of mapper. Target reusing scatter/gather/reconcile UI code for FP.

    • Our version of Specify in SourceForge: abandon?

Discussion: Yes, prototype proof of concept code, derived from Specify's first source forge commit.

Plan: Discuss with Kansas making changes in (?) branch of Specify in their repository if changes are needed within Specify, otherwise, provide services to Specify SGR from code in FP repository.

  • Authentication/Authorization
    • List of privileged actions, roles

James: Two cases: One case: Canadian agencies with restricted data issues; need to identify things and have their own systems for supporting procedures and documentation,, case is keeping information within their network that isn't desired to be shared separate from information that can be shared. Other case is mycologists working on sensitive taxa, where reports of occurance have significant impacts, requirement for embargo on data before public release, with process for approval of release.

Bob: Work for nature serve access control relevant here.

Actions/Roles: Bob: Roles for access to data: Keep in simplest possible model: You are authorized for public, or you are authorize for everything in the network.

Bob: Changes to data, completely client authorization issue.

Bob: Could be local policy within clients that some users can see everything and others can't.

Maureen: You have to be a client user to do anything?

Capabilities Client (user) with network Query data and get results.

  • Query data and get public results.
  • Query data and get network private results.

Inject annotation Register interest Subscribe to interest

  • Subscribe to registered interest
  • Subscribe to results of query

Unsubscribe from interest (deregister interest?) Publish data

  • Publish data for cleaning but not retention (data cleaning request)
  • Publish data as a data provider to the network (data provision)

Register/Inject workflow Execute workflow

Client (software) with network: Register client software. De-register client software

Within network Register node Register capability Remove node

    • Responsibilities: Client, FP Access Point API, Internal to FP Network.
    • Tech group needs to schedule a time to discuss implementation issues (about authentication)

Friday isn't available.

Begin conversation off line on wiki/mail list.

  • Implementation scheduling
    • Tech group needs to schedule a time to discuss implementation task breakdown

Next monday, 12:30 EST.

  • FP2 in SourceForge
    • How to replace FP1 in the directory structure

Current structure: root/subproject/trunk

Option A: Create FP2-Network subproject with trunk, tags, branches, copy from FP-Network things that are relevant. Continue with FP2-Network

Option B: Create tag for current FP-Network trunk, in FP-Network/tags. Remove from FP-Network/trunk things that are relevant. Continue with FP-Network trunk.

Maureen: We'll take option B.

Split ontologies to high level subproject.

    • Issue tracking: SourceForge MantisBT.