2012Aug08

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Aug08

Agenda

  • SCAN Meeting
  • Status of AnnotationProccessor/Mapper
  • iDigBio VMs

Non-Tech

  • Collaborations
    • Kepler
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Reports

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Aug 8

Present: Lei, Jim, Paul, Bob, Maureen, David, Heather

Agenda

  • SCAN Meeting

Paul: Demo and talk on Tuesday next week.

Jim: Consider using Ed Gilbert in demonstration.

Jim: Emails indicate resistance to Specify in SCAN.

Paul: Phone discussion with them suggests those not using Specify will be in Symbiota rather than something else, so not an issue for development path.

  • Status of AnnotationProcessor/Mapper

Maureen: Still working on refactoring driver in specify to make the configuration visible to the driver (field names, formatters).

Lei: List of API functions that the annotation processor needs to get from the messaging system to behave like an IMAP email system, focus around requesting subsets of information from lists related to interests, and then separate requests for details of individual annotations. Working with David on developing changes.

David: no issues in suggested API changes so far, consistent with SPARQL push wrapping.

Bob: Independent of domain ontology?

David: Yes, API and behaviors are domain independent.

Discussion, needs further discussion concerning OA and our implementation requirements.

(Maureen: the problem arises here that we are using OA for two different things. On the one hand, we are using it to describe how we view the world. On the other, we need to use it as input to our software, which needs to solve a particular problem. Personally, I think we shouldn't make it do both. It's like theocracy as a form of government.)

Bob to participate in OA meeting in Chicago in October.

  • DigBio VMs

Nothing heard back yet.

TODO: Paul to bug them.

Non-Tech

  • AO/AOD MS

Bob: Reviewer's comments on MS are back. Fair bit of work, but not difficult. Need to make some stronger arguments in a few cases.

  • Collaborations
    • Kepler

Looking for text/diagrams from Bertram and Paul.

    • Kepler/Apiary

Jim: FP approached by BRIT under Amanda Neil, proposal to productize Apiary as service set.

    • Specify/Symbiota

Discussion. Possible call next week Paul to let Jim know our thoughts.

    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

All hands meeting Sept 6, Yale.

Next meetings

Tech call friday noon. Focus on Medium weight annotation system.

Next Wednesday: Tech call, focus on David-Lei API interactions.