2012Dec19

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  • Wiki move to wiki farm.
  • Sourceforge upgrade to Alura.
  • Annotations
    • Progress on: Rewriting examples/rules from AO/AOD to OA
  • Increasing Burn Rate
  • ApplePie
    • Administrative use case questions
  • Embedded Kepler
    • Progress on embedded QC job
  • Drivers (API documentation, MCZbase).
  • Progress on pubsubhubub implementation test.

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS
    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN
    • Names

Reports

  • Maureen has Fedora Commons + JMS, Symbiota+OAI, Solr working together, next step is to have the Fedora JMS messages ping a PSH hub

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Dec 19

Present: Bob, David, Paul, Maureen, James, Heather. Bertram, Tianhong, Jim.

Agenda

  • Wiki move to wiki farm.

Will make move in week between christmas and new years - at least a test move. Will announce a freeze when doing the move. Will set redirects for /mw/* to /wiki/*

  • Sourceforge upgrade to Alura.

Will target first week in January. Two issues - two wikis and change of repository url for developers.

  • Annotations
    • Progress on: Rewriting examples/rules from AO/AOD to OA

Bob: Working on simplifying configuration for rule sets and representing error conditions.

  • Increasing Burn Rate

Bertram: we have now received the amendment for the original last year budget. Idea for additional effort: start work on Kurator/P (both Tianhong and/or additional student; e.g. could try and find a master's student to help with this) Also: despite Brooks's law, what about adding further dev support on the FPush core infrastructure

Bob: SPNHC?

South Dakota, Mid-June.

James: We would want to be doing something - have something tangible for people to connect with us.

Jim: Good idea, bennificial for folks.

Jim: Need to put approximate dollar amounts on spreadsheet - these let us prioritize.

TODO: Have these defined by Wednesday Jan 2. We'll discuss priorities then.

  • ApplePie
    • Administrative use case questions

TODO: Paul and James need to hammer on: http://etaxonomy.org/mw/Talk:Use_Case_Scenarios

  • Embedded Kepler

Tianhong: Registered a type of message and related jobs in triage service for embedding Kepler. Modified Hello World service to serve as a bridge class to invoke Kepler main class.

Sven is helping with creating a “mini-Kepler” to be used as the embedded version. Also: Still figuring out how the data should be returned after Kuration to the network. Various options discussed last Friday: annotations, csv, messages … ?

    • Progress on embedded QC job

Bertram: Discussion last friday, could use Paul's input - data and annotation flow. Needs further definition. First cut at Kepler/P might help defining these.

  • Drivers (API documentation, MCZbase).

No further progress.

  • Progress on pubsubhubub implementation test.

Maureen: Have a system working with OAI over symbiota, fedora commons, solar, and indexing servelet. Still needs pubsubhubub implementation and subscription management. Still needs OAI over specify.

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS

Paul: Need to get done this week.

    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify

Possible meeting in canada in Feb for roadmap for Specify-NG.

    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN
    • Names

Jim will circulate an email