2012Feb29

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Feb29

Agenda

  • Discussion of potential grant proposals.
  • SPNHC
  • AOD
    • Progress on paper
    • Annotation generation.
  • Ecosystem components
    • Firuta configuration.
    • Integration with Morphbank.
    • AnnotationProcessor: Specify Driver.
    • FP Access point API and FP Network Nodes.
  • API For Query and Cluster Finding
  • Pending Tech Issues
    • Tech group needs to make a decision on or set a date for decision for the query language for pub-sub for Apple Pie.
    • Tech group needs to decide on or set a date for decision for the scope, composition, and implementation of the "global cache."
    • Tech group needs to document the use, roles, and rationales for identifiers.
      • Who is responsible for MessageIDs and what purposes do they serve.
      • Identifiers in messages
      • Identifiers in annotations

Reports

  • Paul
    • Web service and web service client projects with test case demonstrating injection of ping and annotation messages.
    • Stake in the ground redefinition of FPMessage as set of primitive properties in a web service call, rather than an xml serialization of a java object in a web service call.
  • David
    • Using new code, successfully generated Paul's response annotation example as a Jena model from Java objects.
    • Created unit tests for the components responsible for reflection into the Java classes.
    • Working with Bob to create examples for the remaining annotation types defined by the Apple Pie rules starting with cluster duplicates.
    • Working on refactoring and unit testing code that deals with reading the xml configuration for the annotation generation from Java classes.
  • Bob
    • Working with David on example generation
    • Looking into duplicate detection

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Feb 29

Present: Jim, Bob, David, Paul, Maureen

Agenda:

  • Discussion of potential grant proposals.

Defer.

  • SPNHC

Need to make a decision about when and where to meet around SPNHC.

Need to know about multiple projectors.

Wired and wireless connections will be available.

  • AOD
    • Progress on paper

Bob: Only had comments back from Jim. Would like to have everyone's comments back by next Tuesday.

    • Annotation generation.

David: Can generate update determination, insert determination, response annotations. Finished unit tests for reflection. Working on annotation for grouping.

Bob: One of the things we have to do is model the reasons why we want to group specimens, botanical duplictes one clear case. Currently modeling as class with some sub classes.

TODO: Discuss/brainstorm with Jim on Monday. Meet for lunch at Noon.


  • Ecosystem components
    • Firuta configuration.

In progress.

    • Integration with Morphbank.

Maureen: good to go, other than the apache configuration on Firuta.

    • AnnotationProcessor: Specify Driver.

Maureen: Working on ingest part of driver. In progress.

    • FP Access point API and FP Network Nodes.

Paul: Demonstration web service over access point working with ping and annotation messages.

Bob: Reasons for same platform as Specify-NG?

Paul: not clear yet.

Maureen: Requirements?


  • API For Query and Cluster Finding
  • Pending Tech Issues
    • Tech group needs to make a decision on or set a date for decision for the query language for pub-sub for Apple Pie.
    • Tech group needs to decide on or set a date for decision for the scope, composition, and implementation of the "global cache."
    • Tech group needs to document the use, roles, and rationales for identifiers.
      • Who is responsible for MessageIDs and what purposes do they serve.
      • Identifiers in messages
      • Identifiers in annotations

Jim: Invitation to speak in symposium EPL/iDigBio at Botany meeting this summer, see Botany 2012.

TODO: Check with James to see if he got a request RE filtered push to talk at this symposium.

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
SMW
Toolbox
All Hands Meeting