2012Jan25

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Jan25

Agenda

  • Project Programmer Position
  • NSF Workshop RFP
  • AOD
    • Progress on paper
    • Changes to AOD, Code Freeze for AOD
    • Generation of annotations from Specify determinations (mid to late Jan?)
  • Mapper
  • Morphbank
  • Pending Tech Issues
    • FilteredPush Requirements Report_on_FP_Requirements
    • API For Query and Cluster Finding
    • Tech group needs to make a decision on or set a date for decision for the query language for pub-sub for Apple Pie.
    • Tech group needs to make a decision on or set a date for decision for the domain objects supported for Apple Pie.
    • Tech group needs to decide on or set a date for decision for the scope, composition, and implementation of the "global cache."

Reports

  • Paul
    • Working on AOD paper with Bob.
    • Working on changes to AOD with Bob.
  • Maureen
    • added a few features to the web client for mapper display and notification list
    • got MorphBank instance installed and running
  • Lei
    • discussed the requirement for the mapper, like the annotation disposition and the case when multiple curators are interested in one annotation

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Jan 25

Present: Bertram, James, Jim, Lei, Bob, David, Maureen, Paul

Agenda

  • Project Programmer Position

Offer made.

  • NSF Workshop RFP

Bob: Finished draft, Paolo agreed to be added as organizer. Ready to send on to NSF.

Jim: Two additional edits. Will send in email.

  • AOD
    • Progress on paper

Bob: Hope to have a semi-final draft to circulate today. Have been changing examples from owl to rdf while working through them.

    • Changes to AOD, Code Freeze for AOD

Paul: Removing punning singletons, removing annotatesData, using just annotatesResource.

Bob: Likely effects on Lei's rules (replace annotatesData with annotatesResource, use only test for type of expectation not for punning singletons).

All reasoning is likely to be on the rdf:type, and that we aren't changing for expectations.

Paul: Will tag as code freeze. Frozen version to go up in place for download (per our earlier discussions).

Lei: No change yet to DarwinCoreFP?

Bob: Expect assertions with URIs local to document.

Two steps: (1) Integration of AOD into AO. (2) Merger of AO into OpenAnnotation in W3C group.

    • Generation of annotations from Specify determinations (mid to late Jan?)

Task for next week.

Bob: we have some sketchy examples of this, will prioritize bringing those up to date.

  • Mapper

Maureen: Web client added features demonstrating mapping of global concepts to local concepts (matching specify concepts), and improving notifications ui.

Lei: Demonstration of Mapper UI:

Bob: We need to formally enforce how an expectation applied to an annotation would apply to all topics in that annotation in a system where expectations could also apply to individual topics.

Maureen: Issue arizes from multiple topics. We need to think about why.

Jim: On UI for accepting/rejecting, how do I make an assertion like "I agree, but the species name is going to change next week".

Maureen: We need our end user representitives to speak up.

Paul: Interpreting from Jim, we should allow entry of text for a hasTopic of an annotation.

Discussion:

(1) Good to integrate this demonstration into the web client.

(2) Process annotations as the name for this function.

(3) Three functions: Subscription management, process annotations, ingest annotations.

(4) Need to define/examine deployment requirements related to deployment of these processes, might be able to deploy for most/all cases as web client rather than application.


  • Morphbank

Maureen: Downloaded project, two parts (morphbank application proper (app server + image server), (web services for morpbank). Have local instance of morphbank working. Working on build and build instructions for web services. Documentation on wiki ApplePie page. http://etaxonomy.org/mw/ApplePie#MorphBank

Morphbank comes with sample data.

  • BOLD annotations and API to FP

James: Update and thinking about future. Invasives/Aliens/Metagenomics project involves BOLD. BOLD in part closed, in part open. Now version 3, using RDF store. Annotations main player in version 3, annotations tied to an event list. Have bins for clustering (e.g. clustering barcodes into a bin, then annotating the bins). Limited notification mechanism via email. Barcoding project would like to have FP API. Lots of resources available at this time for development/informatics.

Action Items:

Maureen and Lei will get Lei's code under version control.

Maureen and Lei will integrate Lei's code with the web client. Then deploy on firuta.

Someone will create mockups of alternate UI designs from Lei's demo.

Someone (James) will start writing some text for mouse overs. Needs to be able to see demo (on firuta). James can start working from screenshots.

Lei to email screenshots to James.

Someone (Paul) needs to specify what happens when an annotation is accepted and an injest is invoked - with alternative paths for failure conditions. Done --Paul J. Morris 14:54, 26 January 2012 (EST)
ProcessingAnnotationsAlternatives.png

  • Pending Tech Issues
    • FilteredPush Requirements Report_on_FP_Requirements
    • API For Query and Cluster Finding
    • Tech group needs to make a decision on or set a date for decision for the query language for pub-sub for Apple Pie.
    • Tech group needs to make a decision on or set a date for decision for the domain objects supported for Apple Pie.
    • Tech group needs to decide on or set a date for decision for the scope, composition, and implementation of the "global cache."