Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Jul11
- Botany 2012 Any outstanding issues?
- Review SPARQLPuSH
- SCAN TCN
- NEVP TCN
- Media proposal from Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- JH spoke to Brian Wiegmann on July 10th regarding the possibility of Kepler Kurator convening up to three annual workshops at NESCent if our grant proposal is funded. Brian is associate director of education and outreach. Brian said that KK fits nicely within NESCent’s interest in biodiversity informatics and that they would like to work with us. He will send Jim by this Friday information regarding meeting costs that we would need to budget in our proposal, as well as insights regarding meetings of various sizes (i.e., number of participants). We would be expected to budget for standard participant costs (travel, room and board). There is a possibility that NESCent will in addition ask us to provide a subvention that would help underwrite the logistic costs incurred by NESCent when they host a workshop, but Brian is not sure if this charge is yet standard policy. (If it's not standard policy, we won't be asked to pay it.) I’ll forward this information as I receive it.
- Got a proposal back from Harvard Smithsonian center for astrophysics media group.
- Finished refactoring RdfHandler to generate the model classes and php library for creating rdf/xml from the descriptor config.
- Deployed SPARQLpush and Pubsubhubbub on my local machine. Investigated how we might integrate this method of registering an interest with our current messaging apis.