2012May16

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012May16

Agenda

  • Collaborations
    • Wisconsin/KU
    • Kepler
    • SCAN
  • SPNHC demo deployment
    • Current deployment on firuta
    • Plan for feedback from Jim and James
  • For Later
    • Annual Report, due end of July
    • CNH TCN Collaboration

Reports

  • Maureen
    • Created OAuth provider interface for Specify driver and deployed the servlet on firuta.
    • Trouble-shooting Tomcat out-of-memory errors
    • Worked with Lei on interface between annotation processor and driver
  • David
    • Finished fp access point deployment script for firuta and Hudson deployment of the client helper web service as a war file to tomcat.
    • Helped Bob with refactoring SparqlPush php code.
    • Completed implementaion of query message containing kvp (annotatesResoure=annotationuri) in ApplePieSPARQLQueryJob. Can now obtain response annotation history.
    • Implemented an annotation store (using SDB as a triple store over mysql) for storing incoming annotations. Added this functionality to the ApplePieAnnotationJob.
    • Implemented a generic SPARQL query message (for FPMessage with scheme=sparql) for running SPARQL queries on annotations in the annotation store.
    • Created 4 annotations (2 from morphbank and 2 from symbiota) on our test data and submitted them into the network node on firuta for use by the annotation processor.
  • Lei
    • worked with David and integrated the FP messaging system with the annotation processor
    • working with Maureen to integrate the driver with annotation processor.

Notes

Filtered Push Team Meeting 2012 May 16

Present: Bertram; James; Heather, Bob, Maureen, Paul, Jim, David.

Agenda

  • Annual Report, due end of July

Need to check the "due" vs "overdue" dates (for proposal with Hong) (July 1?) Jim: Currently in "Overdue" state (which begins 90 days before the funding year ends). Last year's report in GoogleDocs doc. Just need to add new text under 2011-12 headings work done since last report. Have time to work on it next week. Consensus: Work on next week and then submit.

  • Collaborations
    • Wisconsin/KU

Jim: Summary of call this morning. Considering supplements. Discussion.

    • Kepler

Bertram: Letter draft for iDigBio circulating. Need to start into actual proposal writing. Budget, probably needs first cut at what the work items would be. James: Did people get email suggesting things we could do? Jim: Responded with some edits, Bertram also responded. Bob: Also responded with an interpretation of what the flagged sentence might mean, James and Bertram will need to review (already OK-ed in the email) James: About sustainablity. Bob: Clearest about training, particularly train the trainer. Nicest story perhaps if we who have stuff that people need training work with them on developing such courses. Jim: Pushing the development deadline for the proposal, adds complexity and time to expand. James: Most within current team, adding iDigBio strengthens missing pieces of story. Jim: Would be good to have draft sketch of budget as soon as possible. James: Don't know that we know what we need. Jim: Having to provide numbers will force the issue. TODO: Target by next wednesday for draft overview of budget, main line items. TODO: James to send letter to iDigBio. Proposal development conference call next Tuesday May 22, 11:15 Eastern. Bertram to send out call arragnements.

    • SCAN

No current developments.

  • SPNHC demo deployment
    • Current deployment on firuta

Pieces for end users running on Firuta are Morphbank, Symbiota, and Annotation Processor. Imported set of data: Test data in Symbiota from Harvard botanical collections, plus a record from the MCZ, plus a data set from Florida State. Test data in Morphank are morphanks own test records plus a selected A and MCZ specimen.

Walked through annotation processor and Symbiota.

    • Plan for feedback from Jim and James

David, Lei, Maureen, Paul to draft up script and questions, then circulate to Jim and James for feedback.

Jim: Is there a plan for a dress rehearsal before the demonstration?

Paul: Yes.

  • For Later
    • CNH TCN Collaboration