2012Nov07

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Nov07

Agenda

  • Review Roadmap for Month: Roadmap#2012_Nov_30
  • Annotations
    • Progress on: Rewriting examples/rules from AO/AOD to OA
  • ApplePie
    • NEVP DigitizationApparatus to Symbiota ingest mapping draft.
  • Embedded Kepler
    • Hello world
    • Source(s) for data for QC
  • Drivers (API documentation, MCZbase).
  • Progress on pubsubhubub implementation test.
  • Meeting time for Nov 28?

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS
    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Reports

  • Paul
    • NEVP call with TACC hasn't happened yet.
    • Talked with Linda and Brendan about MCZbase Driver, gave Maureen overview of MCZbase, will set up meeting with Maureen and Brendan to go over questions/concerns/development environment for MCZbase Driver development.
    • Changed Sourceforge MantisBT settings to not allow bug report modification from unauthenticated parties.
  • Bob
    • Completed rough draft of revised manuscript. Still needs some figures.
    • Recoded some annotation examples to OA; working with David on generator configuration to OA

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Nov 07 Present: Maureen, David, Paul, Bob, James, Heather, Jim, Bertram, Sven, Tianhong, Gil.

Agenda

Maureen, David, Tianhong, if there is anything missing in there or anything not reasonable, please edit accordingly

AnnotationSystem documentation needs update as well over next couple of months.

  • Annotations
    • Progress on: Rewriting examples/rules from AO/AOD to OA

Bob: Finished with rewrites of example annotations for everything that David can currently generate. Started on rules - working out how to use selectors. Finer technical question about whether we need to strongly type using OA's types.

A link to one of the new examples: Only one checked in so far (from a couple weeks ago) http://filteredpush.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/filteredpush/FP-Design/trunk/ontologies/oa/identification.rdf?revision=1628&content-type=text%2Fplain

Bob to tag current state of examples and check the new examples into FP-Design ontologies/oa.

David: Will coordinate with Ed in rolling out to SCAN.

  • ApplePie
    • NEVP DigitizationApparatus to Symbiota ingest mapping draft.

Paul: Patrick drafting list of concepts to be moved from digitization apparatus to Symbiota - things that will need to be framed as a newDetermination annotation.

James: Effort to create extension that allows ABCD concepts to be included in star schema in DwC archives.

Bob: What xpath queries are anosys using in their annotation generation (they will be using ABCD, and that may point to things to include in scope).

Bertram: Of interest.

Bob to include Bertram in exchange.

Bob: Also annotation as annotation in the form of subject of the annotation is any data object that fills the criteria of this query.

  • Embedded Kepler
    • Hello world

Tianhong: Development environment set up, Able to write and deploy code. Still having problems getting the HelloWorld application running.

Call tomorrow to help getting the set up working.

    • Source(s) for data for QC

First cut, load from csv file on server,

James: Ingest DarwinCore Archive?

Paul: Maureen investigating OAI/PMH harvesting.

Bertram: (isn't Kuration already using dwc ? - not yet, only subsets) Spec of DwC archive: http://code.google.com/p/gbif-ecat/wiki/DwCArchive Kepler actor to read/write dwc archive files!?

Paul: Two likely main sources for data on which to run QC analyses: Symbiota's back end, and directly harvested data. Two likely architectural choices for connecting these to Kepler (1) QC job queries for data to analyse, packages it and passes on to Kepler and (2) QC job passes query to Kepler and Kepler runs query on knowledge directly.

Discussion, agenda Item for Friday.

  • Drivers (API documentation, MCZbase).

Progress, need to set up next meeting with Brendan.

  • Progress on pubsubhubub implementation test.

Maureen showed us a draft architecture diagram this week. She will create a more formal document.

  • Meeting time for Nov 28?

Change of time for this one date: 2PM Eastern, 11AM Pacific.

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS

Bob: Completed rough draft of revised manuscript. Still needs some figures. Waiting on Paul's read before circulating.

    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA

Paul: Haven't written yet.

  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

James: If we want to spin off workshops, now is time to plan.

James: ApplePie: need discussion of who is involved and what roll out will be.