2012Oct03

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Oct03

Agenda

  • Report from Chicago OA meeting
  • Report from UC Davis Friday afternoon meeting
  • Progress on iDigBio and SCAN integration
  • TDWG
  • UCDavis work targets
  • User Documentation (SCAN Testing)
  • Confirm Friday Meeting Time

Non-Tech

  • Annotation Paper
  • Collaborations
    • Chicago
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Reports

  • From Ed:
    • David should be able to fill you in on the progress of the FP/Symbiota integration. There is some progress. Nico has been busy but told me that he plans to get back into working on the taxonomic editor listing by the end of this week.
  • David
    • Finished preparing TDWG2012 talk (slides and demo of microdata)
    • Feature additions to the FP-Medium SparqlPuSH messaging system implementation to support use by the annotation processor (i.e. annotation digests, preset procedures)
    • Brought Firuta up to date with newest FP-Medium components (Fuseki, SparqlPuSH, pubsubhubbub, FP-Messaging-SparqlPuSH, FP-Knowledge)
    • Working on second patch for SCAN symbiota (annotations tab), changes in the first patch have been integrated into symbiota's sourceforge svn
    • Working on improvements to FP-Medium client authentication (i.e. Messaging ejb authenticates with SparqlPush via xmldsig, accesspoint authentication with ejbs via Java security, etc)
    • Refactoring of FP-RdfHandler

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Oct 3

Present: Bertram; James; Heather; Bob, David, Paul, Maureen, Jim, Tianhong

  • Report from Chicago OA meeting

Bob: Some things went well. Some things still in air. OA Removing subclassing of annotation class. Group recognized confusion of functions in subtypes.

Multiplicity being addressed.

David: What about grouping case?

Bob: Introducing grouping container, with OR/AND/XOR properties. We need to provide more examples of annotation using expectation, Berlin likely to be good additional case here.

Bob: Need to talk about schedule for switching over to OA.

Paul: Will need extension to

David: Before TDWG?

Bob: Probably after TDWG.

David: Week after TDWG should be good.

  • Report from UC Davis Friday afternoon meeting

Bertram: Lei, Bob, James, Bertram, Tianhong Song met for lunch. Tianhong working on PhD, half time on FP this quarter only (teaching assistant w/ Bertram's database class), then full time in winter quarter. Has done work in provenance and querying provenance, might get milage out of alligning with provenance work.

  • Progress on iDigBio and SCAN integration

David: Two weeks ago released patch with most of the Symbiota FP-Lite integration. Ed has patched the Symbiota trunk, and commited, and rolled out on scan test machine. Next target is annotations tab. Patch to follow has new georeference and date collected annotations.

  • TDWG

David: Slides finished, small demo. Talk accepted. Trying to work out visa issues.

Jim: Maureen going?

Paul: No.

Maureen: Abstract was accepted, submitted request to have it changed to Poster, David giving, no response yet.

James: Nothing heard back on annotation working group yet. Probably need coaching.

Paul: Arrange call, Bob, David, James.

Bob: Needs to be Oct 18th.

  • UCDavis work targets

Bertram. Quarter runs to mid December.

Probably needs separate meeting to discuss in detail.

Paul: Put on agenda for Friday.

  • Pubsubhubb testing.

Maureen: Set up fedora commons as document store for annotations, also comes with triple store. Set up an OAI interface over symbiota, allowing harvest from symbiota. Harvester notified when symbiota has new data (symbiota needs to implement publisher part of protocol), harvester acts on this notification, and can notify any interested subcribers. Fedora commons can do JMS messaging on things changing.

Maureen: Need specification of specific queries that we need to support.

James: Query metadata of annotations?

Discussion

TODO: James and Heather to frame some plain language interests.

TODO: Bob to express one or more taxon interests as sparql queries.

Maureen: When humans say "I'm interested in", we don't have specifications for what that means.

Two part scenarioes: (1) human expression of interest "I'm interested in", (2) human expression of what they expect to meet the interest. "I expect to see:"

  • User Documentation (SCAN Testing)

Maureen: Nico replied on monday that he'd like to have a meeting on how to proceed. Haven't heard further. Perhaps friday.

  • Confirm Friday Meeting Time

Time Works for UCDavis.

Non-Tech

  • Annotation Paper

Bob: Haven't worked on it this week. Might be a couple of weeks, after Berlin.

  • Collaborations
    • Chicago

All on track.

    • Specify/Symbiota

Nothing from Jim Beach yet.

    • SCAN TCN

Nothing additional.

    • NEVP TCN

Engineers in OK starting work.