2012Oct17

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Oct17

Agenda

  • Progress on iDigBio and SCAN integration.
    • User Documentation (SCAN Testing)
    • Schedule for taking FP-Symbiota integration live for SCAN
  • Progress on pubsubhubub implementation test.
  • TDWG
  • Embedded Kepler

Non-Tech

  • Collaborations
    • Chicago
    • Specify/Symbiota (Meeting at iDigBio TCN summit next week).
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN (Digitization apparatus, TACC, Symbiota integration call week after next).

Reports

Notes

Filtered Push Team Meeting 2012 Oct 17

Present: Bertram, Tianhong, Ed, Gil, James, Jim, Paul, Maureen, David

  • Progress on iDigBio and SCAN integration.

Latest changes to FP Lite have been integrated on the test VM. There's a triplestore on the machine, we're using the old AO/AOD ontologies. Ed has checked in a patch to Symbiota on SourceForge.

    • User Documentation (SCAN Testing)

Talked with Nico about who creates the first draft of user documentation workflow script. We anticipate it might be difficult for testers to know which issues they discover will be Symbiota issues and which are FP issues. FP will pass on issues for Symbiota to Ed.

    • Schedule for taking FP-Symbiota integration live for SCAN

Go live with AO/AOD or wait for switch to OA? Go live now, annotations will go in to the triplestore; later we'd have to look for both types of annotations. No easy way of retrieving annotations as submitted until we have a document store in place (but in FP Medium we could).

Probably easiest to switch over to OA right after TDWG. Will be some work to make changes in the Annotation Processor.

We can turn FP on and off with a config variable in Symbiota, so this is a decision for FP. The triples submitted via FP Lite would be available in FP Medium. We could clear the triplestore if we wanted to demo before going live.

This week: do deployments onto prod SCAN VM, leave FP integration turned off. For demo at iDigBio summit, turn integration on only for duration of the demo. When we have a test workflow script, we turn integration on on dev machine. When we're happy with changes, we'll roll changes out to prod machine.

  • Progress on pubsubhubub implementation test.

no further progress yet.

  • TDWG

Maureen's abstract was accepted as a talk, not a poster, she's finishing it. David will present the talk.

David's got his ready.

David will bring his laptop with FP Lite installed, maybe FP Medium.

  • Embedded Kepler

Tianhong is setting up FP Medium. There is some question about what hardware to install the software on. New server? One option is to use existing funding to buy a server to go into a rack at UC Davis. Another option is to ask iDigBio to set up a VM for Bertram and Tianhong. Another option is to grant access to Tianhong on firuta.

We'll try a VM first and see how it works. If it doesn't, we can buy a server. Maureen will coordinate with Alex concerning the VM. We'll clone fp2. We'll configure services after.

  • Collaborations
    • Chicago

Invert Ebase tcn led by Field Museum, deadline of proposal is Friday. We're done with our part, proposal will be submitted tomorrow.

    • Specify/Symbiota

Meeting at iDigBio TCN summit next week. Planned (informal) side discussion.

    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Digitization apparatus, TACC, Symbiota integration call week after next.

FP messages may move the data between digitization apparatus and TACC