2012Sep05

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Sep05

Agenda

  • iDigBio and SCAN integration
    • Communication mechanisms - lists, code forges, wiki etc.
    • Progress on Test VM for SCAN Symbiota-FP integration.
    • Progress on FP-Lite (fp1) and FP-Medium (fp2) test VMs.
    • Status of Taxonomic Hierarchy and Experts
    • Target dates for rollout of functionality
  • TDWG Abstracts
  • NEVP Kickoff meeting.
  • Friday Call Time Change

Non-Tech

  • Annotation Paper
  • Collaborations
    • Kepler
    • Apiary
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Reports

  • Paul
    • Working on ABI proposals.
  • Bob
    • Working on manuscript, OA community discussions, help with ABI proposals as needed.
  • David
  • Maureen
    • Installed Symbiota, Morphbank, and Specify on fp1
    • Worked some more on Specify dynamic format configuration refactoring

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Sept 05

Present: Bertram; James; Heather; Bob;Lei, Paul, Maureen, David, Ed Gilbert.

  • iDigBio and SCAN integration
    • Communication mechanisms - lists, code forges, wiki etc.

Ed set up with email list and sourceforge FP site, needs FP wiki account.

    • Progress on Test VM for SCAN Symbiota-FP integration.

Ed: Alex has VM set up. Email sent last week to david and maureen.

Maureen and David haven't seen details. (usernames emailed)

Maureen to send Ed list of usernames.

Ed: To do installation of FP-Lite. David to help with install.

    • Progress on FP-Lite (fp2) and FP-Medium (fp1) test VMs.

David: Have sent list of packages to Alex. Can access fp2.

Maureen: Will need domain names for morphbank and morphbank images. Specify database and symbiota on, morphbank on but not working yet.

Maureen to Contact Alex about need for domain names.

    • Status of Taxonomic Heirarchy and Experts

Ed: Neil has started an effort, but not rolling yet.

    • Target dates for rollout of functionality

Discussion: Contact Neil, Nico, Ed, Jim, next week to set timeline for fall.

Bob: Also consider presentations in timelines. DataOne gatherings?

Ed: iDigBio summit, TCN meeting, iDigBio public outreach.

Bertram: DataOne meeting in September: 9/18-9/20 in ABQ. Provenance-WG is meeting, continuing work on workflow provenance model, and interactions with DataONE/CCIT (Dave Vieglais' developers' team) to develop end-to-end use case where data is pulled out of DataONE, goes through a workflow, then is put back into DataONE with provenance about the whole thing.--> related to the Kurator story!

We'll also be talking with Semantics WG (Deborah McGuiness) and Metadata and Preservation WG (John Kunze of the CDL..)

Ed: No work on DataOne authentication services yet in Symbiota.

  • TDWG Abstracts

Paul to put together draft on annotation interest group for James, with mention of w3c OA work.

Bob: Can provide figures for presentation for James.

Maureen: Haven't quite come up with angle yet.

Bob: Just needs to be a right angle...

David: Spent some time reviewing documentation for RDF handler - looking for parts most important.

Bob: Story is perhaps about generating annotations, humans are given a nice form, then through magic are generating annotation documents.

Discussion. David and Maureen to talk with Bob tomorrow, start getting on paper, then review on Friday with Paul.

  • NEVP Kickoff Meeting

Paul may try demo (firuta).

James will send Paul screen shot backup.

  • Friday Call Time Change

Maureen: How is 1:30 or 2 PM Eastern time? 10:30 or 11 CA time. Early afternoon sounding good, Maureen to email Bertram to check.

Normal time this friday.

  • Annotation Paper

Bob: Making diagrams using OA, using OA for parts we agree with, OAD for parts not yet supported in OA. Replacing rdf N3 examples with diagrams per reviewer.

  • Collaborations
    • Kepler

Bertram: State of Kurator code as Kepler modules?

Lei: Kepler Kuration module released, recent code from Paul in repository in this module.

Jim: At Harvard has gone in to grants people, haven't heard back yet other than processing. Proposals are linked.

    • Apiary

Jim: Same applies, documents are in process. Lots of other logistics to be done on other sides.

    • Specify/Symbiota

Jim got funding at Kansas, will involve some of us in a meeting, no details yet.

    • SCAN TCN

Nothing additional.

    • NEVP TCN

Nothing additional.