2012Sep12

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Sep12

Agenda

  • iDigBio and SCAN integration
    • Progress on Test VM for SCAN Symbiota-FP integration.
    • Progress on FP-Lite (fp1) and FP-Medium (fp2) test VMs.
    • Status of Taxonomic Hierarchy and Experts
    • Target dates for rollout of functionality
  • TDWG
  • AnnotationProcessor documentation
  • Reminder: Friday Call Time Change

Non-Tech

  • Annotation Paper
  • Collaborations
    • Kepler
    • Apiary
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Reports

  • Paul
    • Worked on ABI proposals.
    • Bugfixing NEVP PreCapture application, finalizing vocabulary terms for default NEVP precapture barcodes. New specimen records created by the digitization apparatus will contain at least the folowing terms (which we will need to wrap into new occurrence annotations:
dwc:identificationQualifier
dwc:genus
dwc:specificEpithet
hispid:isprk
dwc:infraspecificEpithet
dwc:scientificName
dwc:scientificNameAuthorship
dwc:stateProvince
dwc:county
dwc:recordedBy
obo:OBI_0000967
dwc:collectionCode


Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Sept 12

Present: Ed, Jim, James, Lei, Bob, David, Paul, Maureen, Heather

  • iDigBio and SCAN integration
    • Progress on Test VM for SCAN Symbiota-FP integration.

David: All FP-Lite and FP branch of symbiota deployed on symbiota2 and fp2 on iDigBio infrastructure.

Ed: copy of SCAN portal deployed on symbiota2.

David: Two copies of symbiota on symbiota2, SCAN instance and FP instance. Still need to look at integration

Ed-David to continue discussion of integration tomorrow.

    • Progress on FP-Lite (fp2) and FP-Medium (fp1) test VMs

Maureen: Morphbank mostly working without separate domain names, rest is going on today. Workaround for domain name mostly working.

    • Status of Taxonomic Hierarchy and Experts

Ed: Nothing further since the last email from Nico last week. Busy there with proposals that went in Monday.

Discussion of role of experts and taxon heirarchy in notifications.

    • Target dates for rollout of functionality

Paul: TODO: Contact Neil and Nico.

Jim: Combine with monthly report.

  • TDWG

Abstracts in, travel coordination in progress.

  • AnnotationProcessor documentation

Lei: Coding well in progress, able to go through on friday. Able to show new web UI next wednesday. Working on improving javadocs and updating wiki documentation.

Bob: Would like to schedule discussion of move to OA from AO/AOD. Is there entanglement of AO/AOD in the annotation processor?

Lei: Rules, and queries need updated. There are objects in the annotation processor that entangle concepts from AO/AOD that will need rewriting.

Paul: Put on the agenda for Friday as part of the review of the Annotation Processor code.

Paul: See also my report for today on vocabulary used in NEVP precapture application, will have implications for new occurance record annotations.

  • Reminder: Friday Call Time Change

Friday, 2PM Eastern, 11AM Pacific.

Non-Tech

  • Annotation Paper

Bob: Hoping to finish to point of passing around this week. Going to Chicago on Tuesday for OA meeting. Positions we have taken in AOD are getting discussed in OA work.

Bob: Content as RDF ontology, we should be looking at more closely, particularly to see if dwcFP should be doing all of its text wrapped in this. Perhaps the right time to recode dwcFP. Discussion of storage heirarchies. What vocabularies to use.

TODO: Paul and James to check with BiSciCol to see how they are handling vocabularies for storage.

Jim: Example of a collection organized by jar size. There are a wide variety of institutional practices - and those will probably change, forced by the informatics landscape, and we dont' want to loose focus in this area.

James: Probably want to be able to meet the simple requirements of people making assertions of location.

Bob: Distinction between we arent' going to do this, and we are doing something that will preclude being able to do this.

  • Collaborations

Proposals in. Thanks to all for the good work.

    • Kepler
    • Apiary

Nothing further on the following not covered above.

    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN