2012Sep19

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2012Sep19

Agenda

  • iDigBio and SCAN integration
    • Path for Symbiota code Integration
    • Progress on Test VM for SCAN Symbiota-FP integration.
    • Progress on FP-Lite (fp1) and FP-Medium (fp2) test VMs.
    • Status of Taxonomic Hierarchy and Experts
    • Target dates for rollout of functionality
  • TDWG
  • AnnotationProcessor documentation
  • User Documentation (SCAN Testing)

Non-Tech

  • Annotation Paper
  • Collaborations
    • Chicago
    • Kepler
    • Apiary
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Reports

  • Maureen: worked on unit tests for AnnotationWS and RDFHandler
  • David
    • worked with Ed Gilbert to deploy FP-Lite for SCAN and develop docummentation
    • client integration with php libraries released for SCAN in the form of an svn patch

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2012 Sept 19 Present: Maureen, David, James, Heather, Lei, Paul

Agenda:

  • User Documentation (SCAN Testing)

Discussion: Start with preparing documentation for SCAN testing.

TODO: Maureen to contact Nico to start drafting scripts: Insert/Edit determination, add georeference, insert/edit date collected in Symbiota as starting points.

Should be able to start onto annotation processor documentation soon.

  • AnnotationProcessor documentation

Lei: Currently working on developer documentation. Code checked in, not deployed anywhere yet. Still needs integration work with message API.

David: Two to three weeks of integration work still needed for sparql push messaging system.

Target having working FP-medium deployment by TDWG.

Lei: Have written up some handover documentation.

Maureen: Friday meeting to focus on refactoring, unit testing, checking in code that builds, and integration testing.

Paul: Before meeting revisit the existing wiki pages (and then during/after, revisit and augment more).

Invite Tianhong Song to friday meeting?

  • iDigBio and SCAN integration
    • Path for Symbiota code Integration

David: Patch set ready for Ed, he'll examine tomorrow.

Still need to discuss with Ed how to proceede with merge into Symbiota repository (branch, etc).

    • Progress on Test VM for SCAN Symbiota-FP integration.

David: Setup with FP-Lite, and our branch of symbiota. All working. Haven't tried on the latest Symbiota branch.

    • Progress on FP-Lite (fp2) and FP-Medium (fp1) test VMs.

David: FP2, same state as symbiota2.

Maureen: Glassfish installed on FP1.

Target having clean current deployment working for FP-Medium using sparql push on FP1 before TDWG.

    • Status of Taxonomic Hierarchy and Experts

No new information.

    • Target dates for rollout of functionality

Paul: Started fleshing out roadmap for this fall and early next year.

  • TDWG

Logistics proceeding. Non-Tech

  • Annotation Paper
  • Collaborations
    • Chicago

Discussing parameters for scope of work.

    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Tech call this friday, 2PM eastern.

This meeting next wednesday, time to be determined, James to discuss scheduling with Bertram (Bertram, Bob, James, Lei all meeting at Davis, Paul traveling), Maureen to run meeting.