2013Apr10

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2013Apr10

Agenda

  • Report from OA west coast meeting, slides at: http://www.slideshare.net/ramorrismorris/west-coastrollout-18504789
  • Upcoming Meetings
    • Hardening Demonstration for Bob to take.
    • OA East coast. (essentially same presentation - two sessions for convenience).
    • SPNHC ( [1] ) ApplePie
      • Demo QC annotations with Kepler?
      • Registration by May 15
      • Abstracts due May 15
  • MCZbase Driver
  • Embedded Kepler
    • Progress on UI in annotation processor - demo next week?.
    • QC georeference actor using by logical bounds / country, pass on to geolocate.
    • Work needed on Embedding_Kepler#AnnotationInserter to interact with current FP APIs.
  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwFP, OAD, and example annotations.
    • NewOccurrence example for NEVP.
    • Generation of annotations for download/ingest from Symbiota.
  • Specify Integration

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS
    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN
  • Where are we with spend-down of current grant?

Future meetings

Reports

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting Wed Apr 10 2013

Present: Bertram, Jim H., Tianhong, James, Heather, Joel, Jim, Paul, David.

  • Report from OA west coast meeting.

Slides at: http://www.slideshare.net/ramorrismorris/west-coastrollout-18504789

Hear the details from Bob next week.

  • Upcoming Meetings
    • Hardening Demonstration for Bob to take.

Paul: Working on this with David, should also have video soon.

    • OA East coast. (essentially same presentation - two sessions for convenience).
    • SPNHC ( [2] ) ApplePie
      • Demo QC annotations with Kepler?

Paul: Discussed at meeting last Friday, try to show off.

      • Registration by May 15
      • Abstracts due May 15
    • CNH Meeting in Mid July: 17th to 19th at University of Vermont.

James: scheduled date, good to get back feedback from curators.

Ed: Annotations coming in from symbiota and other sources, needing processing?

Paul: Yes, potentially a large number. UI feedback goals: Annotation processing (individually), launch/view QC analysies, how to process annotations in bulk.

Jim: Also goal to impress them.

James to coordinate with Patrick.

Need to start drafts of abstracts.

  • MCZbase Driver

Paul: Lepidoptera project might be a good case for collecting annotations.

Jim: Particularly with added community sourcing effort.

  • Embedded Kepler
    • Progress on UI in annotation processor - demo next week?.

Target to have a demonstration of listing/launching/viewing results/viewing annotations demonstration first cut next week.

    • QC georeference actor using by logical bounds / country, pass on to geolocate.

Discussion. Paul to look at Tianhong's google doc on.

Tianhong and David to look at using Davids' annotation generation code instead of hard coded based on example in the Kepler actor.

  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwFP, OAD, and example annotations.

David updating generator configuration. Needs to update rules and examples in tests, and re run tests.

Bob and Paul working on examples in FP-Design.

    • NewOccurrence example for NEVP.
    • Generation of annotations for download/ingest from Symbiota.

Non functional requirements related to xml level handling of annotation rdf/xml.

Potential interesting paths for creating/ingesting annotation change sets.

  • Specify Integration

Thin client and web portal on table for David to work on.

Discussion about SGR/botanical duplicates to come.

Also worth examining potential Symbiota integration for duplicate finding.

Ed: Speed is essential.

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS

Bob has revisions circulating.

    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota

Ed: need to check on meetings with Kansas, seems to have paused for a bit.

    • SCAN TCN

Paul: Would like to establish schedule for going live soon.

Agenda item for Friday: What needs to be done, what's the schedule.

David: Any planned schema changes in Symbiota.

Ed: Planning some this week. Will get patch to David.

David to update symbiota2 SCAN clone VM.

    • NEVP TCN

Nothing other than above, james to coordinate on CNH meeting.

  • Where are we with spend-down of current grant?

UC Davis: spent out with current allocation (roughly 1 GSRA, with some additional months at 2 GSRAs) by July 2014. Yt?

Jim: I must leave the call now. I think it would be a good idea to circulate, or even post somewhere, the current plan for spending out remaining funds by the end of the previously approved no-cost extension. Some of the items will involve a bit of lead time to implement, and we don't want to find ourselves in a position of having to give back money that wasn't spent in time. Are we holding off making final spending decisions until we hear final word from NSF regarding the Kurator proposal?

Paul: I need to follow up with Damari on where the position approval process is.

Paul and James: Believe sense of discussions was holding off on UCDavis related decisions until we heard back on Kurator.

James: Met with BOLD folks recently, potential for working on FP in their world, joint meeting at some point.