2013Dec11

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2013Dec11

Agenda

  • Kepler
    • Report: Current state of Kepler/Akka work.
      • CSV load/save actors.
      • Date Validation actor
  • Driver
    • Report: Development status
    • Report: Progress on Validation of ingest of all current annotation types (new determination, updated determination, new georeference, updated georeference, new occurrence, updated locality).
  • SCAN TCN Support
    • Planning for visit in week of Jan 6.
  • NEVP TCN Support
    • Annotations in OCR/Croudsourcing pathways
      • Hackathon. Progress on setting up FP-Lite instance and development environment.
  • iDigBio integration, possible schedule in February.

Non-Tech

  • Need to increase burndown rate.

Next Week

  • Duplicate finding
  • Kepler
    • Report: Current state of Kepler/Akka work.
      • CSV load/save actors.
      • Date Validation actor
      • Vertnet github issue filing
  • Driver
    • Report: Development status
    • Symbiota Driver, appears as need from SCAN.
    • Validation of ingest of all current annotation types (new determination, updated determination, new georeference, updated georeference, new occurrence, updated locality).
    • Plan for validation of future annotation types (updated habitat, phenological state descriptions).
  • Analysis
    • Discussion: Proposal for ranking annotations based on queries, not repeated analysis of same records.
    • Report: Progress on implementation of OAI/PMH harvesting through firewalls.
  • SCAN TCN Support
    • Revisit sanity check.
    • Working on scheduling visit in week of Jan 6.
  • NEVP TCN Support
    • Report: Preparations to update Annotation Processor Deployment at UNH.
    • Annotations in OCR/Croudsourcing pathways
      • Hackathon. Progress on setting up FP-Lite instance and development environment.
  • iDigBio integration, possible schedule in February.
  • FP Infrastructure
    • Report: Status of FP Node Refactoring

Reports

  • Paul
    • Worked through code changes needed to add a simple plain text comment annotation to the client helper tools with David.
    • Some design work to support annotation system support for croudsourcing for Chuck for hackathon.
  • Chuck
    • Hackathon prep: PHP client code, looking at their resources, etc.
    • Mixed feelings: If we're making a general purpose system, then we should be able to accommodate a story like this, and if we can't (or it's hard) better to learn that sooner than later? At the same time, worry that this is off-track.
  • Jim
    • According to my FastLane account, the proposal from ASU that we were a part of, "A Clearing House Infrastructure to Promote Taxonomic and Phylogenetic Cooperation," was declined earlier this month. Two proposals remain pending/under review: Kurator and InvertEBase.

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2013 Dec 11 Present: Maureen, Chuck, Jim, Tianhong, Paul, David Agenda:

  • Kepler
    • Report: Current state of Kepler/Akka work.
      • CSV load/save actors.

Tianhong: CSV reader library incorporated. Question is how to handle error conditions (which it doesn't report). Maureen: Report to the user the number of rows that were successfully parsed from the spreadsheet.

      • Date Validation actor

Tianhong: Initial implementation naieve, need to build on this. Paul: Flowchart drafted yet? Tianhong: Not yet. Good next step.

  • Driver
    • Report: Development status

Maureen: Working on data validation - internal validation of correct actions within specify. Specify workbench has a means for reporting error conditions (e.g. prerequisites for insertion of this object weren't met), working on hooking into this existing validation code without the UI entanglement.

    • Report: Progress on Validation of ingest of all current annotation types (new determination, updated determination, new georeference, updated georeference, new occurrence, updated locality).

David: Working on pulling examples together, not a full set yet. We have generated examples of update and newGeoreference, update & insertIndentification, also (probably not relevant) consensus. David: To do: Solve with more data, NEVP new occurrence annotation. Which annotations of the non-generated ones should we include? Paul: Let's sit down and look at them. David: Also to do, cases that should fail (e.g. injection attacks, invalid data types, etc).

  • SCAN TCN Support
    • Planning for visit in week of Jan 6.

Paul: Funding available in Harvard-SCAN subaward, OKs from Linda and Chuck. Jim: Pull from SCAN or FP? Something to look at in amounts remaining in travel in the two of those and in end dates. Paul: Can raise with Kristin on Friday. Paul: Starting to work with Nico, Ed, & David on plan for week.

  • NEVP TCN Support
    • Annotations in OCR/Croudsourcing pathways

Chuck, David, and Paul putting in place elements to support potential use in the Hackanthon, very valuable exersise for FP in learning how the system behaves and in what ways it is and is not configurable.

      • Hackathon. Progress on setting up FP-Lite instance and development environment.

David: Working on this, running into dependency issues in deploying artifacts that aren't present when running within IDE. Chuck: We've deployed working systems before, why haven't run into these before. David: Invocation of stateless beans and JINDI names look like they are introducing new sorts of references that are resolved in IDEs, but not in deployments. Also adding new dependencies that haven't been deployed before and needing to work out the dependencies (as we've had to do before, particularly with Kepler).

  • iDigBio integration, possible schedule in February.

Paul: More conversation with Larry Page about GUIDs. Following from this: Need to make sure that we are including the occurrenceID if it is available in the selector. Also a sparql query that will let us retrieve annotations by occurrenceID of the target. Non-Tech

  • Need to increase burndown rate.

Paul: Meeting with Kristin on Friday.