2013Jul17

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2013Jul17

Reminder: Change of meeting time effective Sept 4: (12-1 Eastern 9-10 Pacific).

Agenda

  • Kepler
    • Taxon name cleaning - Homonyms
  • CNH Workshop plans (July 19th, morning, Burlington, VT)
  • NEVP TCN Support
    • Status update (production deployment target date 2013 Aug 15).
    • Funding URI - needs resolution
  • SCAN TCN Support (Production node deployment target date 2013 July 31).
    • Status update on deployments.

Non-Tech

  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • Names
  • Third Project Programmer, Burndown.

For Future meetings

Reports

  • Paul
    • Work with James, David, and Maureen on preparations for workshop at CNH meeting.
    • Identified set of 20 candidate records for analysis at workshop.

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2013 July 17

Present: Maureen, David, Jim, Bob, Tianhong, Paul

  • Kepler
    • Taxon name cleaning - Homonyms

Tianhong needs to discuss some problems with James and Paul.

Sent an email with proposals, framework for actors seems clear, need to clarify details. James and Paul need to repsond to that email.

  • CNH Workshop plans (July 19th, morning, Burlington, VT)

Maureen: Gave David a set of triples for the taxon tree.

David: Working with interests on family or genus. Using Sparql query with union on genus, species, family, won't work yet on higher taxa.

Symbiota3, CNH/NEVP symbiota instance.

FP3 for node, annotation processor, kepler, rest of stack.

Specify database containing SCAN dump

Maureen: Target is to remove all data in that specify database, and replace with data from the CNH symbiota instance.

Paul: Fallback position in case of issues, the small set of 20 records identified for QC analysis in MongoDB.

David: Working on load of these into Mongo.

Still to do: Test QC workflow on this set of records.

Tomorrow morning: Work through the script(s) for the demonstration.

  • NEVP TCN Support
    • Status update (production deployment target date 2013 Aug 15).

David: Added client helper to Symbiota3, configured to use FP3. Will contain data for reasoning on taxon tree. Need to harvest the full data set of occurrence records from the CNH/NEVP symbiota database into the network.

Paul: Still to do: Integration testing and debugging between primary digitiization apparatus and symbiota.

Testing: FP3 and Symbiota3

Production: FP3 [NEVP] and Symbiota1

(SCAN production: on FP2 and Symbiota1).

SCAN symbiota and CNH/NEVP symbiota are running on the same VM.

David: We'll need to resolve how to do this, perhaps different include paths. Separate FPConfig for each client, invoking the same client library jar.

    • Funding URI - needs resolution

Bob: We will do something arbitrary, there is no good place to put it.

Options: dwcFP, clearly wrong, too narrow a domain. OAD, perhaps. perhaps a third self standing ontology (research.owl), perhaps another existing ontology.

Discussion: Best choice seems to be a research.owl ontology that covers just this topic.

  • SCAN TCN Support (Production node deployment target date 2013 July 31).
    • Status update on deployments.

David: Waiting on Alex to clone FP3 onto FP2. Plan is to use what we have deployed, slightly modified SPNHC demo. David has updated the rules and generator config.

  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • Names

Paul: Have stuff that needs to go to Paddy and Kirstin, targeting getting it out tonight.

  • Third Project Programmer, Burndown.