2013Mar20

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2013Mar20

Agenda

  • Upcoming Meetings
    • Harvard Annotation Event
    • OA West coast (will pay expenses of the presenter). Looking for demonstration and higher level technical details of what works and doesn't with OA.
    • OA East coast. (essentially same presentation - two sessions for convenience).
    • Semantics in biodiversity.(opportunity to develop for publication).
    • SPNHC ( [1] ) ApplePie
      • Registration by May 15
      • Abstracts due May 15
  • Embedded Kepler
    • Progress on UI in annotation processor.
    • Progress on embedded QC job.
    • Work needed on actors to interact with current FP APIs.
  • Knowledge/Interests implementation.
  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwFP and OAD
    • Rewrite of Example annotations (for paper).
    • NewOccurrence example for NEVP

Non-Tech

  • Increasing Burn Rate.
  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS
    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Future meetings

Reports

  • Paul
    • More work on revising dwcFP - should be close to a stable state. Is still an issue with examples in Protege treating all object properties and datatype properties as owl annotations. Not clear why.
    • Revised NEVP new occurrence example document to bring it in line with changes in OAD/dwcFP. Added nested heirarchy.
    • Working on code to import from oa/oad/dwcFP rdf/xml documents in the form of the NEVP example into Symbiota.
    • Got list of taxa that Nico can identify, note hierarchy of decreasing expertise.
  1. Coleoptera: Curculionoidea (weevils), Scarabaeoidea (scarabs),
  2. Tenebrionoidea (darkling beetles)
  3. Lepidoptera: moths, butterflies if need be; again SW preferred but North America will be considered
  4. US SW insects in general (I mean, we can try).

Notes

Present: Bob, David, Paul, Maureen, Tianhong, Sven, Jim.

  • Upcoming Meetings
    • Harvard Annotation Event

David: Getting fixes from recent changes incorporated. Added show annotation rdf/xml ability to annotation processor. Have deployment working on two machines. Need to get the specify piece and the specify data examples set up.

Agenda item for friday: go through demonstration.

    • OA West coast (will pay expenses of the presenter).  Looking for  demonstration and higher level technical details of what works and  doesn't with OA.   

Bob: April 9th, Stanford.

    • OA East coast. (essentially same presentation - two sessions for convenience). 

Bob: May 6, University of Maryland.

Agenda item for friday: look for presence of Evidence in annotation processor. Possibly also way to show how Expectation is used.


    • Semantics in biodiversity.(opportunity to develop for publication). 
    • SPNHC ( [2]ApplePie
      • Registration by May 15
      • Abstracts due May 15

Paul: Time to start thinking about abstracts.

Jim: Dates are: June 17 to 22

Put on Agenda for next meeting that James can attend (April 3?).

  • Embedded Kepler
    • Progress on UI in annotation processor.

Maureen: Getting stuck in getting Glassfish working with eclipse.

    • Progress on embedded QC job.

Tianhong: how is it signaled that a job is done? Maureen: Add a flag to the mongodb metadata for the resultset. David: Will add, by early next week.

    • Work needed on actors to interact with current FP APIs.

Tianghong: Writing a new actor to write summary to mongodb. Able to put provanance and results in mongodb.

For friday: look at interaction between mongodb and kepler.

For friday: look at annotation processor view:

  • Knowledge/Interests implementation.
  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwFP and OAD
    • Rewrite of Example annotations (for paper).
    • NewOccurrence example for NEVP

Paul & Bob: Reviewed key differences.

Non-Tech

  • Increasing Burn Rate. 
  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS

Bob: Working on reducing discussion of issues raised that have been mooted by OA.

    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN

Got taxa for specialty from Nico. Paul and David to look at UI for notification.

Jim: Neil has report together.

    • NEVP TCN

Paul: Revisions to example.