2013Mar27

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2013Mar27

Agenda

  • Upcoming Meetings
    • Harvard Annotation Event
      • Demonstration
    • OA West coast (will pay expenses of the presenter). Looking for demonstration and higher level technical details of what works and doesn't with OA.
    • OA East coast. (essentially same presentation - two sessions for convenience).
    • Semantics in biodiversity.(opportunity to develop for publication).
    • SPNHC ( [1] ) ApplePie
      • Registration by May 15
      • Abstracts due May 15
  • MCZbase Driver
  • Embedded Kepler
    • Progress on UI in annotation processor.
    • Progress on embedded QC job.
    • Work needed on actors to interact with current FP APIs.
  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwFP, OAD, and example annotations.
    • NewOccurrence example for NEVP

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS
    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
    • NEVP TCN

Future meetings

Reports

  • Paul
    • More revision work on OAD and the NEVP new occurrence example. Questions in the example have been addressed, there's a revision to the motivation coming, but it is ready for Patrick and iPlant to take a look at: http://sourceforge.net/p/filteredpush/svn/2215/tree/FP-Design/trunk/ontologies/oa/NEVP_specimen_example.xml
    • Working on batch xml processing of NEVP new occurrence documents and GPI/LAPI schema documents for Symbiota. Extract data from the XML documents with PHP code. First piece added to TcnImageTools (in github, so had some technical debt prevention to do).
    • Digging into Symbiota to look for how to incorporate "things for you to identify" functionality for SCAN.
  • Bob
    • pushing on manuscript revision
    • preparing for Harvard Annotation day
    • work with Paul on OAD and examples
    • skype with AnnoSys team about their OA use, especially their motivations. Some discussion about QuerySelector requirements, including adding some provenance of when the query was applied, what was the state of the target record (if available from backend), and the serialization of the response.

Notes

Filtered Push Team Meeting 2013 Mar 27 Present; Maureen, Paul, Jim, Tianhong, Sven, Bob, Bertram Agenda

  • Upcoming Meetings
    • Harvard Annotation Event
      • Demonstration

Bob: Still having trouble with the VM on laptop. Need fallback positions.

Bob and Paul to work on fallback this afternoon.

    • OA West coast (will pay expenses of the presenter). Looking for demonstration and higher level technical details of what works and doesn't with OA.
    • OA East coast. (essentially same presentation - two sessions for convenience).
    • Semantics in biodiversity.(opportunity to develop for publication).
    • SPNHC ( [2] ) ApplePie
      • Registration by May 15
      • Abstracts due May 15
  • MCZbase Driver

RC is working on getting vm setup for driver development.

  • Embedded Kepler
    • Progress on UI in annotation processor.

Maureen: Have started changing code in annotation processor, waiting to commit until after demo tomorrow. Have a page up for launching an analysis, hardcoded now, will add by configuration.

    • Progress on embedded QC job.
    • Work needed on actors to interact with current FP APIs.
    • Workflow using collection structure instead of SpecimenRecordType

Sven: Records are individually typed. Allows operation on provenance at the field level rather than the record level.

Reviewed rendering. Graph of detailed field level provenance - this actor acted on this record to validate the latitude and longitude, etc.

Tianhong: Have an actor able to populate MongoDB with provenance in a spreadsheet format.

Bertram: How to render: Google Docs:

Discussion: JSON document, render in JS spreadsheet widget.

Maureen: Depends on what we want the user to do with it. Write now as JSON, pass around as JSON, then when having had figured out requirements, figure out how to render it.

  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwFP, OAD, and example annotations.

Bob: Working on those relevant for paper. OAD should be OK. May want motvations in there or elsewhere.

    • NewOccurrence example for NEVP

Paul: Ready for review by Patrick and iPlant.

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS

Bob: Focused on this.

    • Task Group for Applicability Statement on OA
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN

Paul to send summary to Nico, ask if he wants anything else, confirm that Harvard doesn't need to submit by fastlane.

    • NEVP TCN

Notes above.

Bob: Good call with the Anosys folks. Good opportunity for FP-Light deployment integration accross Biocase and DwC implementations.