2013May08

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2013May08

Agenda

  • Report from OA East coast rollout meeting.
  • Progress on SPNHC demonstration
    • Kepler Georeference QC Actor.
    • Generation of annotations from Kepler workflows.
    • Annotation processor
    • Driver support for ingest of insert and update georeference annotations
  • Upcoming Meetings
    • SPNHC ( [1] ) ApplePie
      • Registration by May 15, Abstracts due May 15
  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwcFP, OAD, and example annotations.
  • MCZbase Driver

Non-Tech

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
      • Niko will be looking for a FP/SCAN update in a week or so.
    • NEVP TCN

For Future meetings

Reports

  • Paul
    • Made a video of the OA/OAD demonstration using an updated VM image.
  • Maureen
    • Removing OAuth from AnnotationProcessor. Code changes done, need to test. This makes the Annotation Processor have to deal with login info for local data sources, but the existing implementation was too complex.
    • Checked out and ran the Specify Python web interface
    • Working to resolve VM issues for MCZbase development: Oracle not starting, likely because of a filesystem issue, and port 80 blocked

Notes

Present: Bob, David, Paul, Maureen, Jim, James, Tianhong, Bertram

  • Report from OA East coast rollout meeting.

Bob: About 40 attendees, not including speakers. Our stuff pretty well recieved. Essentially the same set of presentations as the stanford meeting. Paolo wants to talk about us in a keynote in an international semantic web conference in Australia. There's a Cambridge semantic web group, Paolo talking there next week.

  • Progress on SPNHC demonstration
    • Kepler Georeference QC Actor.

Tianhong: Working, needs to update the workflows to include new actor.

Paul: Test against country boundaries working?

Tianhong, yes.

    • Generation of annotations from Kepler workflows.

Bob: Does this use David's generator.

David: Yes. Generating georeferncing annotations, just produced an example for solve with more data.

Tianhong: Actor at end of workflow examines comad stream and decides which annotations to create. Actors upstream insert tokens that contain comments and tags needed to create annotations.

Bob: Does a workflow have an identifier?

David: It has a uri for its storage location in fedora.

Tianhong: Next step may be a country name normalization actor.

James: How about using ISO countries as the normalization target.

Discussion: Gets complex when you bring in historical country names and try to map them to current. Goal for this actor in first pass is to just produce a normalized form of unambiguous country name variations.

James: Exactly on the line of where the Canadensis folks are working.

Bertram: The provenance for the workflow needs to explain what operations were performed, to what extent are we providing that to the users?

    • Annotation processor

David: No work yet on visualization of workflow results sets.

David: Working on annotation view and display of the annotation digest, and adding a display for solve with more data. In the network allowing report of message status so that we can ask what the status of a launched analysis is.

    • Driver support for ingest of insert and update georeference annotations

Maureen: Starting by removing the oauth from the current implementation, too many chained service calls producing session issues. Replacing with more direct connection,

Discussion: Need for some refactoring and unit tests. Include testing of attacks in appropriate place, e.g. sql injection unit tests on the driver, xss attacks on the annotation processor.

  • Upcoming Meetings
    • SPNHC ( [2] ) ApplePie
      • Registration by May 15, Abstracts due May 15

Deadlines next week.

  • Annotations
    • Progress on rewriting dwcFP, OAD, and example annotations.

Bob: Rewriting the examples, focused on those specific to the paper. OAified AO ones mostly done, need to touch on a few issues there on how they are constructed.

How much work to update configured system?

David: Need to construct a full set of classes for OA/OAD, currently using subset covering the cases we are using. Probably two weeks of work to update these to a full set. Need to update rules, and probably do some refactoring in the parser. Bit difficult to tell what specific things in the annotation are causing a query for a rule to fail.

  • MCZbase Driver

Maureen: Waiting on HUIT for firewall opening and Brendan for a fresh oracle dump.

Non-Tech

Jim:Time to make final decisions on implementing burndown plan.

James: Completely agree.

TODO: Paul to pass spreadsheet on to Jim.

Jim: Context of the new demonstration video?

Bob: From demonstration shown at Harvard annotation meeting as a demonstration at a table where people came by. Supporting talk given at the OA rollout meeting.

Jim: Video probably needs more background explanation in the audo track.

  • Annotations
    • Annotation MS
  • Collaborations
    • Specify/Symbiota
    • SCAN TCN
      • Niko will be looking for a FP/SCAN update in a week or so.
    • NEVP TCN

Bertram: Kurator proposal reloaded: planning -- resubmit by August deadline? Complete most work by July?

Bertram: Question for Bob: Due to network issues, I heard only every other work. Was wondering what the Manchester folks are doing with workflows & annotations?

Bob: Actor that did something specific with an OA annotation. Will find out details.