2014Apr02

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2014Apr02

Agenda

Non-Tech

  • Davis: Billing status.
  • James: TDWG session
  • James/Bob: Progress on Finishing the SemanticMediaWiki as FP client deliverable.
  • SPNHC (April 25)
    • Who to go and what to talk about. Develop list of abstracts.
  • InvertEBase
  • iDigBio - proposed integration visit from Greg R.

Tech

  • Report from Friday call
  • SCAN
    • Report David/Tianhong: Akka integration in FP2
    • Test of Akka workflow with SCAN data.
    • Report David: Progress on updating deployment.
    • Query for harvested data and analysis results.
    • UI for annotating annotations.
    • Display of annotation on interests.
  • NEVP
    • Report David: Progress on updating deployment.
  • Analysis
    • Tianhong: Progress on cleaning data with data.
    • Report Bob: Progress on Duplicate Finding data mining.
    • Report Chuck: Duplicate detection integration into Specify workbench/Dina-Specify
  • Nodes
    • Report Maureen: Ingest progress.
    • Report David: Morphbank status.
  • Driver
    • Report David: Status of integration of last working driver version.
    • Report Maureen: Status of driver - current annotation processor integration.
  • For Friday

Reports

  • Jim
    • No further word from NSF regarding request for second NCE or from Petra (Field Museum) regarding process and schedule to submit revised documents for InvertEBase proposal. (This may mean that NSF still hasn't finalized its budget for next year, but that's just a hunch on my part.)

FilteredPush Team meeting 2014 Apr 02 Present: Bertram, Paul, Maureen, Chuck, James, Jim, Tianhong. Non-Tech

  • Davis: Billing status.

Paul: Excess seen was indeed not yet billed invoices.

  • James: TDWG session

James: No information yet. Jim: For next fall? How would not getting the no-cost extension affect this? James: Wouldn't affect my plans, might affect others of team.

  • James/Bob: Progress on Finishing the SemanticMediaWiki as FP client deliverable.

Bob: Scheduled for the second week of May. Joel will be here for 4 days. Probably doesn't need to involve anyone other than the two of us. Working on use cases.

  • SPNHC (April 25)
    • Who to go and what to talk about. Develop list of abstracts.

James: Last year we did workflows and general talk on annotations. 1) Duplcate finding piece is a good one, and a key piece for our community. 2) Diving deeper into quality control workflows. 2) End to end. Paul: NEVP data flow makes nice example. James: Perhaps joint with Patrick. Paul: Sounds perhaps like two: Chuck's duplicate finding tool for DemoCamp, then a talk about dataflow/supporting one or more TCNs.

  • InvertEBase

Jim: Instructions were to prepare documents and then sit tight, pending word from PI regarding when to submit. Paul: All set to act when they tell us to put them up.

  • James: Data aggregator workshop update

James: Got a lot of talk at the iDigBio meeting in Honolulu. Discussion of what the iDigBio portal should be. Lots of attention on Annotations. Gave message that hard bit is getting annotations the last mile into people's databases.

  • iDigBio - proposed integration visit from Greg R.

Paul: Greg Riccardi wants to come and visit team. Bob and Paul have gotten back--working on coordinating. Tech

  • Report from Friday call
  • SCAN
    • Report David/Tianhong: Akka integration in FP2

David: Have been working on getting Akka deployed on FP3 (FP2 next). Working with Tianhong on bringing annotation inserter up to date. Tianhong: Need correct FP-Core David: Let's setup archiva in the pom. Tianhong: How are we going to write out the analysis result - revising actor to use new schema that David provided. David: Have queries in place to retrieve results and (e.g. display in a page within Symbiota), have this deployed on FP2 and FP3.

    • Test of Akka workflow with SCAN data.

Tianhong: We are looking at the data on FP1, is that right? David: That is old data from SCAN. Discussion: Need newer baseline harvest - David to get dump of SCAN from symbiota4 to Maureen to get occurrence dump into FP2. Tianhong can use this.

    • Report David: Progress on updating deployment.

David: FP2 is up to date with a current version of the node (using Camel), including analysis. Using Symbiota 2 as a currently connected client helper. SCAN Symbiota currently has FP switch off while getting FP2 ready, configuration for client helper is ready, client helper is deployed, FP2 is ready - just waiting for a maintinance window to turn back on.

    • Query for harvested data and analysis results.

Have a page self standing, haven't integrated into symbiota yet, discussing with ed.

    • UI for annotating annotations.

David: This is now in trunk symbiota.

    • Display of annotation on interests.

David: Made a commit yesterday fixing changes in code that had rusted. Need to do some more testing here - making sure that query works on people's interests and harvested taxon tree. Then need to add the relevant client piece into the symbiota view profile page as a tab.

  • NEVP
    • Report David: Progress on updating deployment.

David: Deployments on FP2 and FP3 are pretty much in sync. Required stores are in place, but not currently in use, using embedded stores while testing deployments. Current camel based node code is deployed, working on Akka integration, will to FP2 first for this.

  • Analysis
    • Tianhong: Progress on cleaning data with data.

Tianhong: Starting with a very simple approach. Running into a blocking configuration problem with maven on laptop. David: Also running into problem with Maven - can't get all needed dependencies. Tianhong: Working on one machine, not on other, may be bad files in repository.

    • Report Bob: Progress on Duplicate Finding data mining.
    • Report Chuck: Duplicate detection integration into Specify workbench/Dina-Specify

Chuck: Put effort in last couple of days into resolving some hardening issues around more than one column mapped to one. Got pulled off a bit from the Specify integration. Waiting on email from Paul to specify team about putting link to their demo into our documentation.

  • Nodes
    • Report Maureen: Ingest progress.
    • Report David: Morphbank status.
  • Driver
    • Report David: Status of integration of last working driver version.
    • Report Maureen: Status of driver - current annotation processor integration.
  • For Friday
    • Turn diagrams into roadmap See: Media:SCAN.png and Media:NEVP.png
    • replacing taxon harvest view
    • views into the network from Symbiota-- annotation tabs, annotation responses. quick update.