2014Jun11

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2014Jun11

Agenda

Non-Tech

  • Kurator
  • FP Annual Report
  • SPNHC
  • James: FP Presentation at CNH
  • James: TDWG Symposium
  • James: FaunaEuropaea
  • InvertEBase
  • iDigBio, Discussions with Greg

Tech

  • Report from Thursday call
  • Status of going live with Morphbank integration
  • QC for SCAN
    • Run on full NAU dataset, send report to Neil
      • GBIF checklist bank and CoL services.
      • Collector names and dates of birth (solr index)
      • Adding agent authority file to Symbiota
  • Metrics for SCAN
  • Updating Roadmap

Reports

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2014 Jun 11 Present: Jim, James, Tianhong, Bob, Paul, David. Agenda: Non-Tech

  • Kurator

Paul: At MCZ, budget justification and budget revisions done, Kristin will get into fastlane today. James: Working on paperwork for Illinois with Bertram. James: Made some edits to the abstract last week, Bertram feels it is still too specific. Bob: will do a round of editing on it this afternoon (now). Jim: All good. Reasonable copy has gone to Kristin to upload.

  • FP Annual Report

Paul: Sent query to Bertram for some information on Sven. James: Added some publications to wiki. Paul: Any Partners involved in the last year that weren't in the previous year. Bob: Have sent list to Jim. Paul: Need: Objectives, Results, Outcomes: Bob: Sent some language on the semantic media wiki outcomes to Jim. Paul: Can draft some language on symbiota. Bob: Need to describe work that Chuck did for the hackathon List for outcomes: Data Cleaning Actors - and design work. Akka workflows and akka as FP analysis engine Crowdsourcing hackathon iDigBio crowdsourcing annotations Symbiota integration Morphbank integration Symbiota image/identification tools Nodes for Scan and NEVP NEVP ingest tools Data harvesting FP-DataEntry Driver (specify integration) and Annotation processor Annotation Generation, Rules. Plan: Bob to take a shot at this list tonight for Results and Outcomes, then send to James and Paul.

  • SPNHC

Amanda found a conflict in Paul's presentations, got resolved. Everythign in train. Paul: have a general plan for the demo. Need to do talk.

  • James: FP Presentation at CNH

James: Have what is needed for slides - need a walk through. Paul: Call me at 4.

  • James: TDWG Symposium
    • Need to identify at least one other person/group to speak on this topic. Ideally they should be able to attend the meeting.

James: Non-european. Paul: Narhwal-processor? Canadensys group, montreal. James: I will ask them next week when I see them in person. Bob: Brazilians? Bob: Transformation of Annosys annotations to ApplePie? David: Could consume them as JSON easily. Bob: Will get back in touch with them.

  • James: FaunaEuropaea
    • Nothing to report on this
  • InvertEBase

Paul: Haven't heard anything new.

  • iDigBio

David: Discussing with Mike (greg's it person) - talked about how to set up nodes for them. Will set up a VM that mirrors the configuration they are using, will get configuration files from them. Will work through our build process and test/ document how he can get it set up on his system there. Working on this. Tech

  • Report from Thursday call

Paul: Reviewed QC result set on NAU data. Produced new design for result document.

  • Status of going live with Morphbank integration

David: Simiar approach to setting up node for them. Mike is going to send an apache config, will set up a VM matching their config. Code on the server is not current with trunk, they will provide a tar of their deployment - bit messy to work with. Our changes are limited to a small set of classes, so it should be straightforward to do a patch. Most of the updates are in client library, which is orthogonal.

  • QC for SCAN
    • Run on full NAU dataset, send report to Neil

Tianhong: Fixed the issue of missing records (code inconsistency) Fixed the ambiguous comment of SciNameValidator Modified the summary schema according to the comment last week (need to check with David)

      • GBIF checklist bank and CoL services.

Tianhong: will look into the API Paul pointed to Is there anything else we need to fix right now? OK.

      • Collector names and dates of birth (solr index)

David: solr running on FP2 with sample data. Will load entomologist list - can query. Return: XML? CSV? Tianhong: at high level? query: collector; result: birth date and death date (if applicable) I think the format doesn't matter. Let me know once the schema is set David: at level of http response Request: Agent name Response: Query Number of Results [ Name, type of start date, start date, type of end date, end date]

      • Adding agent authority file to Symbiota

Paul: I need to add to table in symbiota, and add UI.

  • Metrics for SCAN

David: Have query that will return counts for taxonomic experts for interests but can't see easily who made what identifications.

  • Updating Roadmap

Paul: Put on agenda for thursday. Tianhong: I'm not sure, maybe tricky, not all the places has connection -> OK. Paul: Plan for thursday: Will have call, using google hangout, if Tianhong can make it, good, if not, will focus on roadmap issues on harvard side. Tianhong: I'll be in China in the next two weeks, which is even trickier for me join since Beijing time is same as Eastern time but with am/pm swapped... I may put update before meeting? other than that, no. Thanks, bye!