2014May21

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2014May21

Agenda

Non-Tech

  • SPNHC
  • James: TDWG Symposium: Who to invite
  • James: FaunaEuropaea
  • InvertEBase
  • Request for second NCE
  • iDigBio, next actions?

Tech

  • Merge Tech Call? Reschedule?
  • Report from Thursday call
  • Status of going live with Morphbank integration
  • QC for SCAN
    • Anything back from James and Nico?
    • Run on full NAU dataset, send report to Neil
      • COL in GBIF Checklist bank as authority
      • Collector names and dates of birth - short list, avoid raising error conditions if can't validate.
  • Metrics for SCAN
    • Group by specialist, order, family, genus; count number of determinations, needs determinations, taxonomic updates.
      • Can we distinguish identifications from taxonomic updates?

Reports

  • Paul
    • Queried SCAN for most frequent collectors, passed on list to Chuck to look for DOB/DOD.

Notes

Non-Tech

  • SPNHC
  • James: TDWG Symposium: Whom to invite

James: No response back yet.

  • James: FaunaEuropaea

James: Looking to set up a meeting with them in first week of June. 9-11AM, our time.

  • InvertEBase

Last details, not involving us getting lined up.

  • Request for second NCE

Working out details of UCDavis end.

  • iDigBio, next actions?
  • James: Consortium of Northeast Herbaria talk June 13th

CNH meeting with a canadian botanical association meeting, Patrick would like a FP talk there.

Tech

  • Merge Tech Call? Reschedule?

Discussion: Keep 10AM pacific thursday call for workflow discussions.

  • Report from Thursday call

Reviewed workflow QC, Harvesting.

  • Status of going live with Morphbank integration

David: Wating on email from Greg/Deb about deployment. All ready to deploy. We discussed testing scenarioes, may be able to work into their test infrastructure.

Bob: Will try to reach out to Greg.

  • QC for SCAN
    • Anything back from James and Nico?

James: Haven't had a chance yet.

Paul: Haven't seen from Nico yet.

    • Run on full NAU dataset, send report to Neil

Tianhong: is this correct: > db.scan_prod_occurrences.find({"institutionCode" : "NAU"}).count() ==> 36290 Paul: That's the data set. Put details on agenda for tomorrow.

      • COL in GBIF Checklist bank as authority
      • Collector names and dates of birth - short list, avoid raising error conditions if can't validate.
  • Metrics for SCAN

Neil: Have good data from Symbiota on number of records. Would like to be able to report how well we are engaging taxonomic experts in identifing material from images, and in applying taxonomic changes to the identifications. Would be great to provide numbers to get a sense of how FP is being used.

    • Group by specialist, order, family, genus; count number of determinations, needs determinations, taxonomic updates.

Neil: Way of attributing people for the work they have done.

Neil: Giving credit for number of taxonomies that were updated is a lot more problematic than number of identifications applied to specimens.

Paul: A requirement here is to make the analytics visible publically in symbiota.

James: Social issues when we get into acceptance of the assertions. Thus we should report just the identifications, not analytics on the response annotations attached to them.

      • Can we distinguish identifications from taxonomic updates?

Bob: With some thought we could deal with this in the evidence. Perhaps represent evidence in more detail.

Paul: May be a requirement for the form for making determinations.

David: References/Source of identification currently captured as evidence.

Bob: Evidence may vary by discipline of practice - thus may need to be configurable.

David: We also have on the plate harvesting omoccurdeterminations, so query when that happens can run on triple store.

For Thursday:

(1) QC for SCAN on NAU data set.

(2) Reporting Identificaiton counts for Neil.