2015Feb03

From Filtered Push Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2015Feb03

Agenda

Non-Tech

  • Meeting With AnnoSys
    • Beginning of March?
  • Publications
    • Paul/James: Collection Objects
    • Bob: Refactoring Dup finding cluster analysis
      • Bob: Access to larger scale infrastructure
    • Bob: List of additional topics
  • Next call in 2 weeks?

Tech

  • Annotation Processor
  • QC work
    • Agent authority file to Symbiota - harvest to solr index - use in actor.
    • JSON to XLS into Kurator
    • Generate QC results for each SCAN collection - next collections:
      • NMSU
      • MCZ
  • State of Deployments
    • FP2.acis
      • Status of InvertEBase setup
    • FP3.acis
      • State for harvest for NEVP
  • Morphbank integration

Reports

  • Paul
    • Got abstract for SPNHC demo camp submitted.
    • Looking at request from Neil Cobb for pagination in Symbiota image search.

Notes

Present: Bob, James, Jim, Paul, David, Tim, Tianhong, Bertram

Non-Tech

  • Meeting With AnnoSys
    • Beginning of March (at Harvard)?

- Where? What about? (goals) -- demonstrate interop between FP and AnnoSys annotations

Bob, Paul, David, March 2-4 best, March 16-20th ok.

James will follow up with Walter, pointing to Paul to coordinate logistics, best if we do the ticketing etc through Harvard. The goals would be to:

1. Set up an annotation store that can hold annotations from both AnnoSys and FilteredPush.

    a) Demonstrate retrieval of annotations from both sources from that store via queries that are agnostic as to the origin of the annotation.

2. Deploy a service that can convert annotations from either AnnoSys or FilteredPush to a common serialization.

    a) Deploy a service that can convert annotations from a common serialization to AnnoSys or FilteredPush forms.

3. Brief discussion (maybe in advance, online) whether to standardize on JSON serialization per OA recommendation.

4. Impact of W3C Working Group work (maybe in advance, online). For example, has either group planned for OA moving away from use of http://www.w3.org/TR/Content-in-RDF10/ ? If so, how will that affect other aspects of collaboration.

5. Document assumptions of the annotation systems that can block annotation interchange (e.g. AnnoSys embeds original context, FilteredPush only includes reference).

Bob: How about we hold a summary call at the end of each day to catch up anyone who couldn't come on progress for the day.

  • Publications
    • Paul/James: Collection Objects

James: Slight progress, will do another round of work this week, Gen also motivated to work on it now.

    • Bob: Refactoring Dup finding cluster analysis
      • Bob: Access to larger scale infrastructure

Bob:Have produced and cleaned up documentation on hadoop parallelization, in hands of Brazilan folks to look at. They have a hadoop cluster.

Bob: Nothing back from Illinois yet, they have narrative and slides from TDWG talk.

    • Bob: List of additional topics

Bob: People should comment on the annotaitons in the list. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FyTIbaIRIzw3uizxs5HEBOgcoxfF4A07g26KK_xrEYk/edit

Paul: What is the top priority on this list?

James: number 5 is important, but need to be done first.

Bob: Resources, UI based baper about spreadsheets (number 4) looks like lowest hanging fruit, David and or Paul should lead. PLOS might be good target. Good to start with an abstract

Paul: Will sit down with David and see if we can start fleshing out.

Discussion: Makes sense to make FilteredPush call every other week, moving more buisness into Kurator call.

Next call in 2 weeks on Feb 17th.

Tech

  • Annotation Processor

David: Nothing further yet.

  • QC work
    • Agent authority file to Symbiota - harvest to solr index - use in actor.

Paul: no schedule yet from Ed.

    • Generate QC results for each SCAN collection - next collections:
      • NMSU

David: Generated spreadsheet, just need to upload and send link, have contact for that.

      • MCZ

David: Have data, can run postprocessor, who to send to?

Paul: Brendan.

Paul: Who is next in line for SCAN? We should be ready to run on everyone

David: How about invertEBase?

Paul: Sure.

David, new harvest, run on all except the aggregators.

  • State of Deployments
    • FP2.acis

Scan: Symbiota, ClientHelper, Node up and running.

David: Need to add more monitoring in Icinga.

David: Need to update and move the annotations from the old stores.

David: Need to automate harvest, currently running by hand, time consuming.

David: Need to reharvest taxa for SCAN into Mulgara.

      • Status of InvertEBase setup

David: Issue with check for messages on multiple client deployment, digging into an XML serialization issue, so latest changes aren't ready for production yet.

David: ClientHelper, need to roll back, Node up and running.

David: Need to turn on FP switch in Symbiota.

    • FP3.acis

David: Node set up, client helper needs fix for check for messages, submission of messages works. FP2 and FP3 are now consistent with access point deployment.

David: Would like to have test environment set up.

Paul: Let's check with Alex again.

      • State for harvest for NEVP

David: Haven't started harvesting data yet.

Paul: NEVP occurrences to Mongo on FP3, NEVP taxa to Mulgara on FP3.

David: May need storage space increase for FP3.

NEVP deployment is Pending symbiota updates.

  • Morphbank integration

David: Nothing further back from them yet.

  • For Thursday:
    • Preparations for DemoCamp, schedule, code freeze, etc.
    • Getting Tim set up with a FP environment.