2015Jan13

From FilteredPush
Jump to: navigation, search


Etherpad for meeting notes: http://firuta.huh.harvard.edu:9000/FP-2015Jan13

Agenda

Non-Tech

Tech

  • QC work
    • Agent authority file to Symbiota - harvest to solr index - use in actor.
    • JSON to XLS into Kurator
    • Generate QC results for each SCAN collection.
  • State of Deployments
    • FP2.acis
      • Status of InvertEBase setup
    • FP3.acis
      • State for harvest for NEVP
  • Annotation Processor
  • Morphbank integration

Reports

  • Paul
    • Got agent support in Symbiota merged back into trunk. Documented overview of functionality for the other Symbiota developers.
    • Created small set of test cases of results of ScientificNameValidtor that were identified as problematic by Frank Krell, three are taxon names, one is a secondary homonym. Tianhong identified the secondary homomym as asserted as a synonym in the service response.

Notes

FilteredPush Team Meeting 2015 Jan 13

Present: David, Bob, Tianhong, Bertram, Tim, Paul.

Non-Tech

Paul: In gainsevlile this spring (May 17-23).

Bertram: Brainstorm and see what we can come up with next week.

Paul: Consider democamp for Kurator.

  • Publications
    • Paul/James: Collection Objects

Paul: Don't know how far James got in Dec.

    • Bob: Refactoring Dup finding cluster analysis

Bob: Still waiting to hear from both sets of contacts on infrastructure for analysis.

Bertram: Will followup at NCSA this week.

    • Bob: List of additional topics

Bob: Have been enhancing, making vague bits less vague, including adding a stake in the ground abstract on annotation. Deployed stand alone annotation generator. Joel Sax has student looking at generating annotations. http://plazi2-vm.cs.umb.edu/FP-Client/insertIdentification.html

[BL] Bob, can you share the URL again, pls (here..)

[Bob]: http://plazi2-vm.cs.umb.edu/FP-Client/insertIdentification.html

Paul: Note that this service supports a particular business operation, need to document that, particularly for Joel. Tech

  • QC work
    • Agent authority file to Symbiota - harvest to solr index - use in actor.

Paul: Have agent support into Symbiota trunk, Ed etc testing now, anticipate moving to production by end of the month. We can then add Chuck's data on entomologists to SCAN and start using that data from the portals.

    • JSON to XLS into Kurator

Tim: hasn't happend yet, Kurator code currently producing CSV, some steps to do first.

Bob: Why XLS, remind me.

Paul: Color coding for users.

Bertram: Also multiple sheets. We can also consider open document format for wider compatability.

    • Generate QC results for each SCAN collection.

Paul: What next after DMNS?

Discussion: How about NMSU, and MCZ again.

David: Harvest about a month old, should re-harvest.

Paul: David to run harvest again, then Tianhong to rund NMSU and MCZ.

  • State of Deployments
    • FP2.acis

David: Everything is currently deployed and working. Resolved issue with fedora and ssl last week - java looking at wrong keystore. David: Also adding more monitoring to icingia on FP1 to better monitor FP2 and FP3.

      • Status of InvertEBase setup

David: Got access to the installation of Symbiota (on symbiota4), have access needed for testing. Plan to use client helper for SCAN, but with a different key, need to test this.

    • FP3.acis

David: Installation is up to date consistent with FP2. Need to flip switch for collecting annotations and do some testing.

David: for both FP2 and FP3, need to check update into Symbiota 4 for the annotations tab.

Paul: Commit into trunk, coordinate deployment with Ed and Patrick.

Paul: InvertEBase can turn on as soon as you are ready. I'll email you and Patrick to coordinate turning on NEVP.

      • State for harvest for NEVP

David: Harvesting infrastructure should be in place, but not quite up to date (at least have to update the view in the schema). Then should just need to run the script. Will look at that after running the SCAN harvest again.

Paul: Priority at this point getting all the connectivity working for the two additional TCNs as well as SCAN.

David: Looking at transfering/updating the annotations for SCAN, then looking at harvest of omoccuredits.

  • Annotation Processor

David: Before christmas set up spring data api that we can use against specify huh, we should be able to take simple test cases - need to define buisness logic. Reusing the annotation processor we have now, changing the API for the driver, and replacing the driver code to use simpler generated PDO objects along with a simple set of specific buisness logic for handled cases - moving more of the buisness logic into the driver, and abandoning trying to reuse specify's own java buisness logic (which is spread all over the codebase, including in the ui).

  • Morphbank integration

Paul: Anything recently from Morphbank?

David: Talked with them at hackathon, dealing with deployment infrastructure.

For Thursday: Investigating the 5 problem cases from the DNMH data.

Bob: Lets invite Dima in to that call.