User: Zhimin Wang | User: Chinua Iloabachie | User: James Macklin | User: Maureen Kelly | User: David Lowery | User:
Last Week's Progress reports:
1.Bob and Zhimin corrected an absent copyright license in a piece of code.
2.Paul, Zhimin and Chinua did a code review last Friday and will continue doing that every Friday.
3.David is reviewing JSF book and ready to start coding.
4.Maureen has a summer project for David to work on ( use Jibx to export specify xml).
1. Zhimin and Bob have cleaned up the existing FP code base to the point where UMass is happy with it and everything is GPL2+. Harvard has not yet given a clear OK. Other people's code that may in some way be associated with ours (IPT, UC Davis) will probably be fine following their own licensing strategy. In any case (starting over from scratch or not) we will be OK if we keep doing GPL2+.
2. Code review: Paul and Zhimin and Chinua did another code review on Friday and found a more suitable metaphor for what Triage was doing: reference librarian. There are several components: triage, the reference librarian, analysis, knowledge base, and messaging.
3. David's completed a JSF component for Zhimin, who gave him more work to do on it. He will also be working on Maureen's JiBX project.
4. Chinua is looking at Rich Faces right now, Prime Faces isn't seeming complete enough, and he's looking into whether the two frameworks are compatible. Rich Faces might be able to fix the scalability problem of the tabbed results display web interface.
5. Zhihmin is reading papers concerning two research topics related to our project: data integration and data exchange. Which technique are we using? One possiblility is view-based, another is query rewriting. There is another idea about "agent based development" in which the roles of the various users are the basis for the architecture. Another is "data space."
Issues for Discussion
1. Zhimin's architectural principles research. What does the literature have to say about two directional mapping.
2. Approaching the second phase: start from scratch? Which pieces to keep?
3. The new metaphor for triage includes several components. Do we want to expose APIs to those components, or do we want to keep only the API over triage public?
4. Ways we might be able to use Rich Faces or integrate with Prime Faces.
5. Who's in charge of UI design (layout)?
6. Can we look at patterns of conflicting opinion and use those patterns to identify interesting questions?
7. Video of demo screen captures.
8. Global names architecture and IPNI