Stream of consciousness after telecon March 28 with Paolo Ciccerse. Decision taken to make Evidence a subclass of Motivation
Kinds of Motivation
- In general for all science
- How do we distinguish confirming vs contradicting evidence?--Bob Morris 00:02, 29 March 2011 (EDT)
- Consistency with a published data standard
- Data integration
Kinds of Evidence
- In general for all science ---supportive or contradicting
- published papers
- data item
- data set
- logical assertions
- multimedia records of observations
- authority services or files
- For biodiversity science
- For XXX science?
Perhaps neuroscience? ocean science?
Make a separate data QC ontology that invokes AO?
Purpose is to keep AO focused only on universal concerns of annotation. Fork a new page if discussion gets big.
How to distinguish supportive from contradicting Evidence
Did we decide whether hasMotivation is meant to act on an Annotation or on a Topic?--Bob Morris 00:02, 29 March 2011 (EDT)
Still discussing the analog of opaque interpretable objects. Where to put the hints for interpretation, e.g. PKI keys, schema's that drive an interpretation, etc.
- Most of the above might not need much but namespaces?? --Bob Morris 00:02, 29 March 2011 (EDT)